The secret of natural beauty hides in bright and youthful skin. The appearance of the skin is affected by many factors, that are part of our everyday life. Considering the needs of your skin and knowing the factors affecting it, you can bring your skin to glow. We are sharing 8 useful suggestions to help you get there.
- Finding facial care products suitable for your skin. Cleansing products and creams must meet the needs of your skin. It is not smart to use cream made for 50’s when you are in your 30’s because the promised effect could go unnoticed. At the same time with the right product at the right age there is always a noticable result.
- Regular skin care at home. Using cleansing products is necessary in mornings as well as evenings (even if wearing no make-up). After washing moisturise your face with suitable cream and before going to bed make sure to use a night cream. Skin renewal process is especially fast at night between 2am and 4am, therefore all absorbable substances are especially effective right then. You can be sure to have amazingly smooth and fresh skin in the morning!
- Exfoliation is the key. Around the age of 20, skin renewal process is starting to slow down and it is essential to exfoliate in order to stimulate this process. As an effect from the exfoliation, skin cleanses thoroughly, becomes softer and reduces superficial wrinkles. The frequency and need for exfoliation is different for all skin types and ages and is also affected by weather and such. Normal skin needs scrubbing once a week, dry skin for as little as possible – once a month. Oily skin needs scrubbing 1-2 times a week.
- Considering the needs of your skin during different seasons. Sebaceous glands stop working at mere couple of degrees below zero. At the same time, wind dries the skin surface. At summer, sebum secretion increases, but the surface of the skin dries faster due to UV radiation. Regular application of cream preserves elasticity and smoothness of the skin, no matter the season.
- Conscious eating habits and drinking a lot of clean water – these help keeping your skin young. Fresh fruit and vegetables provide the body with lots of vital minerals and vitamins, aid with digestion and nourish as well as moisturise the body from the inside with naturally pure water.
- Avoiding stress – to benefit in glowing skin and beautiful complexion! Stressed out skin is drier, looser and shows dull complexion while having to spend many times more vitamins and minerals daily. This slows skin renewal process down. Also, tense face muscles, that are always involved with our moods, lock the look in a way on our face over some time. Lines between eyebrows and on the forehead show it off very obviously. Live in balance and harmony with your body and soul. Learn to feel and listen to your body to take care of it! This way your skin will always look bright and beautiful.
- Regular excercising. Yoga is excellent aid for detoxing and speeding up blood circulation which helps to gain cleaner and brighter skin. Start every day with Surya Namaskar aka Sun Salutation. It only takes 5-10 minutes but involves lots of muscle groups and helps you to become more flexible as well as carry out toxins from the body.
- Good sleeping habits. To preserve skin’s beauty and freshness it is important to have great amount of good sleep because lack of sleep reflects on the face right away. Thanks to the release of growth hormones in the body during sleeping, the skin gains good blood supply that benefits in healthy complexion. It is recommended to sleep at least 7 hours every night.
Our lifestyle has a huge role in the appearance of our skin. If you move around and sleep enough, eat consciously, take care of your skin with suitable products and avoid stress, then your skin will no doubt be naturally bright and beautiful!